Monday, October 6, 2008

Skillet, I like what this guy has to say

I have just recently sort of got into Skillet. Remember, I'm 42 years old, Skillet is more of what my kids would listen to. So for this these newer Christian rock bands to get my attention, they had better be able to grab me and pull me in! I came across this song/video a couple months ago and it really grabbed me. Great lyrics, the progressive orchestra and guitars at the beginning of the song, the crunching guitar, and the raspy voice of the lead singer just caught me. Then those powerful background vocals from the 2 females in the band. When these 4 harmonize, it just makes a powerfull sound.

So I came across this article in a newsletter I get from StereoTruth.net There are a lot of Christian Bands out there that just use the Christian Music or lets say "Faith" moniker as a way to make money. So when I come across an article or interview about a band or someone in a band, I try to read it. Helps me to see where they are coming from. Well this article is Ben Casica the guitar player putting out some views, and I really liked it! Here is part of it:

**********************************************************************************
Ive been reading the book, Searching For God Know’s What by Donald Miller. Been thinking loads about how our faith needs to be relationship based. Not just a set of rules… It’s gotta be about knowing and loving people and knowing and loving God…. and living a right life with the motivation from wanting to honor a loving God as opposed to wanting to work your way to His approval. I love the truth that our standing with God doesnt change. That his heart towards his children is always love. That it doesnt change when we feel like we’re doing good or doing bad. That He doesnt love us less on bad days and more on good days. It’s consistently a heart full of love. that He always has his best in mind for us, We just must be willing to surrender to Him in all things.

One of the other things Ive been thinking about a lot lately is with the economy. I wont get into all of my thoughts on that but what I will say, is that no matter goes on in our country. That we can know peace. That our refuge is in a Strong tower that is not shaken with the economic hardships or disaster. We must find our hope in God alone. We must put our trust in God alone. Then we will know his peace in these times.
**********************************************************************************

Wow, he has it right in my book. I can now appreciate Skillet's music a lot more now, that I know how their view of God is! Here are 2 videos of songs I like from Skillet:


Rebirthing



This is an audience shot for the song, The Last Night, so the audio isn't all that great, but it still sounds good to me. :)




No comments: