Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christian Metal

When I got into music it was in the 80's. I didn't care for the new wave stuff, I loved metal. Hair bands! I didn't listen to Christian music. I wasn't a Christian then, although I thought I was. Only Christian music I can remember from that time was Stryper. I once bought a lot of cd's at a garage sale for next to nothing. There was a cd case but with no cd in it. The bands name was Whitecross. I had no idea what Whitecross was. So I threw the case away. Well a while back, searching around for unknown Christian music on the net, I came across the name Whitecross again. So I searched youtube like I always do. I was suprised! Whitecross is a metal band. I figured they were a "fad". So I did some more searching. They still are playing to this day. Although they are older, they can still rock, and from what I've read they are the real thing. Their sound reminds me of Ratt. I liked Ratt back in the day. But I don't care for them now. so if you like metal music and like it to be Christian, this is your band!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey there dave! Just wanted to be a blessing to you today, and even though you aren't a single mom, I have a great blog where I pour out my heart! Blessings and struggles of single moms! Thanks for following my christian music blog too!