Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just because

An artist is on a "Christian Label" does not really make them a Christian band... I get Christian music alerts from Google. I find a lot of new (to me) Christian music that way. So when I come across an artist that I've never heard of I head straight to youtube.com and look em up! A lot of the music is local bands, but their fans put up videos. I think you can learn more about where an artist or band is by seeing them perform...

This morning I was reading about this band that got signed to a Christian label. They sing about trying to be positive, life struggles and stuff like that. So I looked them up on youtube. I listened to short snippet, didn't sound to bad for an audience made video. So I checked out a full video. I had to turn it off. The language was not good. The visual was not good.

I've come across this before. Band on a Christian Label, and the music is not really Christian. I'm thinking that some of these Christian music companies are just in it for the money.

That's sad...

No comments: